Dinner and a movie still make for the best date night. Add that personal, playful touch by arranging it at home. Just in time for your essential Valentine’s Day Netflix-and-chill session, here are 5 movies you can watch while you cuddle up with your lover. Order in a heart-shaped pizza from Papa John’s and the night is set!
- Clueless — based on Jane Austen’s Emma
- 10 Things I Hate About You –inspired by Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew
- Twilight — pulls from Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights
- The Princess Bride –of the same name by William Goldman.
- The Lizzie Bennet Diaries– Ok, so this one’s not on Netflix, it’s on Youtube, so cast it to your TV some other way. It’s won a TON of Emmy’s for its brilliant take on Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. TLBD takes on Austen’s novel in 4-minute Youtube videos, making for a refreshingly relevant take on an all time classic.
Not feeling like Netflix? Here are a few others you won’t want to miss:
- She’s The Man –a hilarious rom com inspired by Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night
- Warm Bodies –love and zombies? Get some Romeo & Juliet action with this film
- My Fair Lady –Shaw’s Pygmalion has inspired a lot of remakes over the years with Pretty Woman, She’s All That, and Trading Places, but the best and most classically acclaimed rendition is by far Audrey Hepburn’s My Fair Lady
- Easy A–One of Emma Stone’s best jobs, Easy A takes The Scarlet Letter and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn to new heights with its glorious high-school version